• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Shocks Bad

derrickdrew17

NAXJA Forum User
Ok guys.. I need some help.. I have a cherokee with about 3" lift.. I need to get new shock. Ok I broke all but 1 bolt on my upper shock bolts.. so I had a friend weld up some BPE. Now i need 2 shocks that will fit.. Does anyone reccomend and cheap shock? like at Napa , Autozone. I mean like 20-30$ range. Napa Cross Reference some but they had shems in them and it would not fit on the lower axle mount.

Thanks

Ok guys.. I need some help.. I have a cherokee with about 3" lift.. I need to get new shock. Ok I broke all but 1 bolt on my upper shock bolts.. so I had a friend weld up some BPE. Now i need 2 shocks that will fit.. Does anyone reccomend and cheap shock? like at Napa , Autozone. I mean like 20-30$ range. Napa Cross Reference some but they had shems in them and it would not fit on the lower axle mount.

Thanks

just ordered some shocks, I gave them my extended and collapsed measurements and they sent me some shocks. I had to remove the lower bushings because they had a metal sleeve that would not fit the axle mount stud.and got the proper bushing to fit. I figured I'd go cheapo and make sure they work with my setup before I commit and get some "real" ones

Dude you hit that on the head....Yea I went to napa and they cross reference some shocks and the bottom had a bushing in them I tryed for 2hrs removeing it.. did not work. i was tearing the shock up.. so i quit and send them back.

Car Quest Bruizer Gas shocks. They are cheap, they work, and they take abuse well.
Hands down the way to go on a budget.

They come in all lenghts so measure and calculate exactly what you need. Youll actually probably want something close to stock assuming your bpe are about 2" tall.

Back