• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need specific wiring diagram

The Lure Washer

NAXJA Forum User
I need a wiring diagram for my 1990 renix. Specifically for the light main power. If I touch all of the harness bundles near the PDC my lights will go on and off. When I say Lights I mean headlights, tail lights, dash lights, brake lights, and hazard flashers. Its really starting to get annoying. But also driving during the day they go off with out knowing which means I have no brake lights.

Stupid question......what is a PDC?

[Editted by Admistrator]

You're right, you don't run his site, nor do you run this one. You've been warned before about that link. Last chance, Ron.

I think that is what us old-timers used to call a fuse block/box/panel.

[Editted by Admistrator]

You're right, you don't run his site, nor do you run this one. You've been warned before about that link. Last chance, Ron.

Sorry folks, I messed up.

OP you're going to have to get a Haynes manual, they have schematics in the back. Or a FSM, the Electrical section has full schematics.

Just had one in with this problem.After much researh I found the prolem to be a small brass jump conection in the fuse block that supplied power from one junction to another.It was on the right side about half way up.If need be I will try to get pic's later.I found this by checking for power at the fuse when lights were lost.Had to take out the fuse panel to find the reason for the loss of power.

Last edited:
Just had one in with this problem.After much researh I found the prolem to be a small brass jump conection in the fuse block that supplied power from one junction to another.It was on the right side about half way up.If need be I will try to get pic's later.I found this by checking for power at the fuse when lights were lost.Had to take out the fuse panel to find the reason for the loss of power.

Ive seem to find that if I just touch the harness near the relay block uner the hood they come on and go off as I wiggle the harness which would lead me to believe that its a loose connection in the harness. But Ill deffinately look into that!

Try wiggling the fusible links and see what happens. Most all of the power for the lighting goes from a fusible link, to the headlight switch which has an internal circuit breaker, then either to the lights or through a fuse in the fuse block then on to lighting sub systems.
Though there may be a splice in the harness someplace that I know nothing about, there are more than a few.
I've had fusible links vibrate through the wire under the insulation and/or cook through the wire under the insulation very near the link.

You know what I didnt start having this problem until I replaced my battery cables, including the one to the Starter solenoid. Thats the first thing im checking when I go out.

Back