• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Belly pan/Crossmember

derrickdrew17

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone make a after market Bellypan/Crossmember that dont reuse the factory mounting holes? I broke one of the studs off up inside the unibody. for a temp fix i have a nut tacked where the hole is. I really dont want to cut into unibody to have a access hole for a bolt. If im gonna upgrade down the road to long arm.. Not anytime soon... I like to have something beefer than the Stock Crossmember.

Thanks

why not just drill it out and tap the hole?

I drilled and tapped 2 of mine to a larger size. Been going strong(-er) now for 4 years.

I broke a few cross member bolts, I air hammered the welded nuts off and cut a hole in the floor and use a new nut, washer, and lock washer. worked good.

i did the same thing - drill new hole and run a large bolt through floorboards - works like a charm

for aftermarket crossmembers: rustys, clayton, treks off road, and you could probally get RE's sepeate if you wanted, BDS, etc

There is no hole to drill out.. The hole is big enough I can stick my pinky finger into... i was trying to get the stud out.. well the nut on the inside broke and the stud and nut pushed into the unibody. leaveing me with a huge hole there.

Last edited:
I did something like that took the nut and tacked up there and bolted it back up...Yea Im looking at the TNT Bellypan.

Back