• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front end recovery???

Big Kev

NAXJA Forum User
Does any body know where I can get a shackle mount for the front or a XJ with the stock tow hook mounts. Something like this but I am not sure if the holes will match up and I would like it to be a little smaller if possible.
G_21580G_SW_1.jpg

I did get a set from High Country Off Road but they do not fit correctly. The nut is welded onto the mount and the pitch on the thread of the high country bolts is different.

Any ideas? I am thinking of just making some but I am not sure where to get the materials.

I have the brackets, I am looking for a way to mount a shackle to it. I have the hooks on it now but there is nothing behind the hook to keep a strap on. I would like to be able to use shackles instead.

is there any reason why you can't just get new bolts that are the right pitch? i'm guessing the highcountrys are standard and the stocks are metric. i'd just get new hardware that fits or drill out/cut out the stock nuts and use a bolt/nut combo of your choice. like someone else mentioned tow hook hole patterns are somewhat standard... i'm running the high country full setup with d-ring tabs and IMO it's much better than hooks but another option, not sure if you're aware of it but you can get little metal tabs that bolt on behind the hooks to keep straps etc. from falling off the hook:
tow-hook-chrome.jpg

Last edited:
My God did anyone actually read his post?
Thanks.

is there any reason why you can't just get new bolts that are the right pitch? i'm guessing the highcountrys are standard and the stocks are metric. i'd just get new hardware that fits or drill out/cut out the stock nuts and use a bolt/nut combo of your choice. like someone else mentioned tow hook hole patterns are somewhat standard... i'm running the high country full setup with d-ring tabs and IMO it's much better than hooks but another option, not sure if you're aware of it but you can get little metal tabs that bolt on behind the hooks to keep straps etc. from falling off the hook:
tow-hook-chrome.jpg
I have some (they are not on) but I don't want to use hooks, I like being able to take the shackle off when I don't need it. I think the rustys or the rampage ones will work.

The high country ones have the bolt or nut inside on the mount, kind of like a set screw, you can't get a wrench on it. So with the nuts already on there is no easy way to mount them with out removing the nuts. I have a friend that can use them so no big deal, they will go on his jeep. I was just looking for some thing that will work on mine.

Back