• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory Control Arm Angles (Axle side)?

J-Roc

NAXJA Forum User
I've been searching on here for a little bit... I was hoping I was going to find this info on Go-Jeep's site but no luck...

I picked up a spare front end to throw my gears etc in...
I was cleaning/stripping it today and the LCA mounts are rotten! :rolleyes:
Naturally, it would be easy to reinstall these if the brackets were parallel to the axle tube itself but they aren't....

The Rest of the axle looks "Ok" but I have a feeling I'm going to be stripping the entire thing and want to make sure that I place everything back to factory geometry...

So if someone can guide this blind bat... it would be much appreciated :smootch:

Edit:
I realize I could just buy some new LCA mounts from Rusty's or another vendor but I'm more of a DIYer

Last edited:
Sorry!Some bad info(having a brain fart),the inside bracket is 1/4" shorter but I gave you the frameside angles.I have a jig so I can measure the axle angles later if you dont find them.

Last edited:
Well the outside bracket is about 1/4" longer than the inside,and they sit at about 12-13*.

Thank you RCP...
I guess I'm going to have to go and buy an angle finder too :confused1

Do aftermarket replacements come angled as well? I looked at TNT, Rusty's and a few others that were mentioned from my searching and they all look like they mount parallel to the axle tube? Can't believe how much these things cost (for uppers and lowers) basically being a pimped out leaf spring perch! Definitely don't look like they come angled but the pics they use suck too. I'm just worried about preloading my bushings in my cRusty LCA's when I swap this front end in...

hey Jeff, I am in the midst of replacing my LCA mounts while beefing up a spare D30 too... huh.
TMR in Toronto is making me up some lower control arms mounts for my needs, and new coil buckets aswell... I am making a truss myself.
I may be getting a local guy to mount the arm mounts up for me as he has done stuff like this before. If I get any info/angles I will let ya know.
good luck with the build.

Back