• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

few problems....

I know the XJ has lots of problems, but can ya'll tell me if they are normal?

1) the oil pressure at idle is sitting about 20. But when i accelerate it goes up to 40. normal?

2) when I use my 4wd, after i stop moving and turn off the jeep, I smell something that has burnt. I don't think that's normal.

3) when I use my 4wd, but I disengage it, it doesn't disengage it right away. then when it does, it makes a loud thud.

Any ideas on my problems?:huh:

Thanks.

Zip

1) Normal. ( A little low, but shouldnt be anything maybe your low on oil...)
2) Check the fluid in your TC, drain it, smell it for burning smell, check for metal particles, etc...
3) Its possible that your linkage needs adjustment. Sometimes it takes me a couple tries before the 4wd will disengage. I would make sure your on a flat surface, completely stopped, and in neutral when you disengage the TC. Try it a couple times and see if it you can get it to disengage correctly.

x2.

00' Sport
4DR
4WD part time
Automatic
188,000 miles
k&n cold air intake
pretty much stock

Anything else?

Zip

#1. Oil pressure fluctuation you mention is normal
#2. Gotta check the fluid level in your transfer case! Determine if you have a leak. Fresh fluid never a bad idea.
#3. See #2

1) I was a little low on oil, so that's taken care of.
2) Haven't had time to check the fluid in the TC but I have a long weekend coming up so i will check that.
3) see #2

Thanks everyone!

Zip

Back