• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alloy USA

I think they are completel shut down, but as for the warranty some company took that over, i cant remember who though. I remember it was some one i didnt expect, maybe Omix Ada or Rugged Ridge?

Yeah, Omix (Rugged Ridge is a brand name Omix-ada uses) bought them. Raised the prices on most of the stuff, too.

For warranty stuff, try getting in touch with "Ten Factory" aka Motive Gear. Rumor was that's where most of the Alloy USA guys moved to, and they would try to cover the old warranties. http://www.motivegear.com/

I just called them.
The new company will not warranty any axles sold prior to thier purchasing of the company and its inventory.

Crap.....
Thats BS. Theyre warranty should stand reguardless of moving to new ownership.

Why? Omix didn't profit from the old stuff. They only bought the product diagrams and the name, it's not like they merged. Sure it sucks, but it's not Omix's fault that Alloy went under. Anyhow, try talking to Ten Factory, Ron had posted on Pirate a while back saying they were going to try to cover the old warranties.

Its not like Alloy just went out of business, Omix acquired the name and the product, therefore should also have to acquire the reputation, cause all in all isnt that what theyre after?

Because when you acquire a business, you usually take on the liabilities as well as the assets.

If you could simply split off the assets and bury the liabilities... we'd have no need for a $700 BB bailout that isn't working.

they didn't aquire the business, just the "assets" name and blueprints. True, they should have used a different name to avoid the older warranty issues, but it makes more sense to use a name people have already heard about rather than trying to build up name recognition on a new name.

Exactly my point... Omix wanted Alloy USA's reputation, thus in doing so they cant just take the good part or Alloy's reputation and scrap the rest... They should be liable for Alloy USA's warranty as well. Either that or should have biught the "blueprints" and started theyre own company.

All of this is moot point anyways, not like its gonna change the fact that Omix apparently isnt offering to accept past merchandise's warranty...

Because when you acquire a business, you usually take on the liabilities as well as the assets.

If you could simply split off the assets and bury the liabilities... we'd have no need for a $700 BB bailout that isn't working.
agreed

I think motive gear makes shafts too that are a lot cheaper with the same warranty

Alloy USA product was IMPORTED. Yes they HAD a great warranty and customer service... HAD. When I break my Alloy stuff, I will go to Superior Axle, Made in AMERICA.
Sucks for Mike, hope you found a another job bro.

Alloy USA product was IMPORTED. Yes they HAD a great warranty and customer service... HAD. When I break my Alloy stuff, I will go to Superior Axle, Made in AMERICA.
Sucks for Mike, hope you found a another job bro.

From the superior website, not 5 minutes ago:

Since 1934, we have manufactured more heavy duty and replacement axle shafts than all of our competitors combined. This Experience results in the highest Quality shafts and gears available, backed by the longest warranties in the business. Although we’ve begun to contract outside to increase our production capacity, you can always trust Superior.

Their shafts come from India, just like Alloy-USA, Motive, Yukon, etc. They all come from the same place.

doh. My bad. Are any made here anymore? Summers Bros.?

As much as I hate to say it, American made does not always mean the best product. Patriotism won't get you off of the trail.

The strait fact is the best shaft you're going to get without going to custom 300m, is going to come from India.

Back