• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tires for lifted DD

I'm getting some Firestone Destination A/T's 30x9.5 put on tonight.
Tirerack reviews are great and at $100/tire mounted and balanced it seems like good bang for the buck. I'll check back soon and give you my impressions, but a search here and other Jeep sites would give you much more than 1 mans opinion.

Also check Revos but they are 30-40% more.

How much of a lift and what size tire?

I had good luck with BFG All Terrains in 31x10.5 ive got around 30k on them and probably half tread left. Quiet, little road noise, still some bite offroad, great all around tire. I think I paid $125 each, shop around though.

Cooper STT 31 X 10.5 on a 3" superlift. The website shows them as having the same on road capabilities as the St's but an advantage in the snow. They have an aggressive tread design but not much road noise. They run about 165 per tire.

315/75/16 Goodyear MT/R's. The greatest "all terrain" tire out there. I've only run them for about 10 months (maybe 7,000 miles) so i cant speak for wear yet, but we get about 40,000 miles on the 31" variety of them on my dad's 7,000 pound land rover.

make sure to shop around wholesale clubs...they have great prices. NTB matches prices also even from sam's. I got 235 BFG-AT for around 110-120 I think each.

I have been looking at the ko's and the revo's. I hear ko's are deadly in the rain, are they any worse than a siped mud terrain? I had km's siped on a 1/2 ton and did not have hydroplaning issues, is this because it is a 1/2 ton?
Thanks

I just bought the General Grabber AT2's and love them they look like a BFG but about half the price!! $90 a piece for 265/70/16's

100_05832.jpg

100_05872.jpg

My 33x12.5 TrXus MT are pretty good too, I've had them for about 9 months w/ a lot of trail rides and rock climbs and still have 60-70% left, but you have to make sure they're rotated often

Goodyear MTR
Swamper Trxus M/T
Toyo Open Country M/T
BFG M/T
Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ

...those would be my vote. I've run BFG a/t and m/t's, a few Swampers, Pro Comp m/t's, Mickey's, and have a good amount of highway shotgun time on others. BFG a/t's are great, but will get you stuck in a hurry if you do any sort of wet weather wheeling in the slightest. They'll gum up in an inch of mud, regardless of how great on the road they are.

Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo- 235-75-15 never wheeled hard but great on road in any condition, they loved the snow

Good year MTR- 31x10.5-15 loud and wear weird for me but better off-road :)dunce:)

Cooper Discoverer LT- 32x11.5-15 great all around, very quiet and wear like iron and even

I've had very bad times with BFG AT's will never get them again but thats me.

Pro Comp A/T's are one of the few off road tires with a warranty if that makes a difference.

IslanderOffRoad said:
Pro Comp A/T's are one of the few off road tires with a warranty if that makes a difference.

I have about 15,ooo on a set of 31x10.50 in the last year and they have worn even at every rotation. Good deep tread with good grip on road, wet, snow, soft dirt they clog a bit. Quiet ride, I got them mounted on 15x8 rock crawlers from 4wheelparts on a free ship weekend last year for about $100 a peice.

May182006010.jpg

I didnt make it up that path :(
May182006009.jpg

See sig. I'm getting 19MPG with 3:55 gears. My old tires were so out of round that my MPG went up when I got the BFG's.

sewerrat said:
Tirerack reviews are great and at $100/tire mounted and balanced it seems like good bang for the buck. I'll check back soon and give you my impressions, but a search here and other Jeep sites would give you much more than 1 mans opinion.
hey- let me know how those do- road noise, loss of power (if u have the 3:55's), etc -those are on my short list of tires...thanks

x3 on truxus.. quiet, great road handling, 114 a tire for 31 10.50s great off road..capabilities in 2wd with them increased by a lot.. i drive 450 miles a week with them and have no complaints..i wanna move to 33s and truxus are deff what im going to buy... check out ntwonline.com thats were i got mine along with some steelies for 32 dollars a piece...

citRon said:
sewerrat said:
hey- let me know how those do- road noise, loss of power (if u have the 3:55's), etc -those are on my short list of tires...thanks

Will do. Just got the lift done tonight and the tires go on tomorrow.

Back