• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

better ride

lanretsr

NAXJA Forum User
Is there anything I can do to get a better ride quality out of my 99 xj? Any particular shocks or maybe different coils? I was looking at ome but can anyone verify a better ride?

Since you didn't mention any lift or modifications we are going to assume your Cherokee is stock. P225/75/15 tires ride smoother than mud or all-terrain tires. Your springs will give a great ride if you use shock absorbers similar to the original equipment. Fresh bushings will help restore the ride.

Any suspension lift or 4x4 tires will change your ride characteristics.

OME shocks are some of the best, but you pay for it. A mild lift, depending on springs can/will help some.

I know that jeep wasn't going to ride good when I bought it but I was thinking that it would ride better then my F350. Every bump i hit almost rattles my teeth out and it seems like its getting worse. I replaced my shocks about a year ago and I'm thinking that gas matics were a bad choice. Like I said though I'm wondering if the ome softer spring rate would help to make it more cushy, I understand that a mild 2" lift would change how it handled but I'm not really worried about body roll, etc.

Back