• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drop pitman arm?

XJRunner

NAXJA Forum User
I have RE5.5 coils with stock steering and a RE1600 trac bar. I'm gonna make a custom trac bar bracket. Should I get a drop pitman arm and make a custom drop trac bar bracket or just use the stock one?

the track bar and steering need to be the same angle or bump steer will happen. so what ever it takes to get both the same is what you need to do.

I know that, what I was trying to figure out is since I'll be using 5.5 coils should i drop the steering down so it doesnt bind?

i am running the same coils with a 2" spacer also and i have not had them bind at ride height but only when i droop the pass side. the fix is to use the tera flax arm or a grand steering knuckle. you will also have to move the track bar then. I am running long arms and 14" shocks so i tend to droop a little more than average

The XJ unibody doesnt take well to moving frame-side components "down",you want to move your axle side components "up"!

Back