• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T Case Crossmember

derrickdrew17

NAXJA Forum User
Ok guys and gals.. I have a problem. I snapped off one of the studs in my crossmember trying to add a Tcase drop. Well turns out I could not bold it back up.. so for a temp fix. I took the bolt that was on the stud and turn it upside down and tack weld it up there so I could drive/wheel it. So I Like to get a aftermarket Crossmember to replace my dented one. What is the best way to get bolts up in there. Cut a squair in the side of the unirail? so I can geta wrench in there with a nut? I didnt even try to tackle the pass side. in fear what would happen if i break the other stud off inside the framerail.

Other threads that you can search for, detail how to avoid snapping the cross member bolts/studs.

The simplest solution to a snapped cross member bolt is to drill out the broken bolt and then re-tap the welded frame nut to a standard SAE size. I think I re-tapped to 1/2-13, but I don't remember exactly.

You can cut a hole in the frame rail and stick a nut and wrench in there, but that is kind of a trailer park solution.

OK let me explain better. I the stud was still in in there. ok I tryed to get a stud extractor to take it out.. well the nut inside the frame rail broke. So the stud is loose inside the frame rail. So only thing I could do is take the nut that i took off the stud and turn it up side down to tack to the frame rail. so I could run a bolt through it.

Back