• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Diff cover wrench?

jdxj

NAXJA Forum User
I got a ruffstuff diff cover for christmas. Ican't find a allen wrench that fits the plug Used a caliper to measure it but its between 9/16 and 3/4 anyone know what size it is? I tried to go to sears and try abunch but the biggest one they had was 1/2 and no big metric ones.

when you find what size it is.... get a bolt and 2 nuts. lock the 2 nuts against eachother on the bolt and use the bolt head as the tool. poor man's big allen wrench.

PM Dan Fredrickson on the board here, otherwise known as the Owner.Operator of RuffStuff. or try emailing him using the contact info on the RS page.
He will get back to you, with the needed info, and probably pretty soon too.
I have 2 of his covers, I have the allen key tho, but don't have it here to get the size for ya sorry.

when you find what size it is.... get a bolt and 2 nuts. lock the 2 nuts against eachother on the bolt and use the bolt head as the tool. poor man's big allen wrench.

Good tip.

Better yet,just go get a square drive plug!

Along the same lines as this idea, go to the hardware store and get a rod coupling.
Its a nut about 2" long used to couple all thread rod. I've always got a 3/8, 1/2, and 5/8 in my tool box.

WOW I sent them a emails from the link on their site right before I posted here and he got back to me before I could get the post done.
Great customer servise DAN:yelclap::yelclap::party:

Oh and thanks for the great cover.

And it's 9/16s and he had the same Idea about using a bolt (3/8)

Thanks guys:D

I use this

1rq3w7.jpg
:dunno:

ACE Hardware has the allen wrench you need. Or, like another guy said... go find a Dana 44 under a jeep or ford at the junkyard and grab the square drain plug. That way you can use a socket to get the plug on and off faster.

ACE Hardware has the allen wrench you need. Or, like another guy said... go find a Dana 44 under a jeep or ford at the junkyard and grab the square drain plug. That way you can use a socket to get the plug on and off faster.

Just go to any hardware store,its just a pipe thread.To me it means carrying less tools.

Back