• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I have issues

Andy Steiner

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
I've know that my ass end has been sagging for a while, but I figured that adjusting the bump stops might get me by for a bit.

CIMG1866.jpg

Seems that I trusted the wrong shop to do the work right.

CIMG1855.jpg

CIMG1856.jpg

CIMG1857.jpg

CIMG1858.jpg

Currently, I have...

CIMG1863.jpg

... which are 3.5" RE1463 that I bought in October of 2003.

I'm trying to decide between the 4.5" RE1462, the DPG 5.0" Trail Gunners or the 5.5" RE1461 springs.

Up front, I'm running 5.5" RE1345 coils with a 3/4" Daystar KJ09107BK poly spacer. In back, I have 1.5" Rusty's RC-SH150 shackles.

Which leaves do I buy to try to level the rig?

Have you looked at Big Offroad leaf packs? Apparently they create there springs slightly taller so when they sag, they sit at their advertised height.

FWIW, I am very happy with mine.

If I had to choose from your list, I would go with the DPG springs. Ive heard a lot of good things about them and I know Dirk did a lot of R&D on those springs before he released them.

i have th re5.5 full leaf packs and they sit pretty high, i have the re5.5 coils up front as well, and my ass end sits high so im puttin in some 2" coil spacers this weekend and i think that will level it out pretty good.

Take it to Deaver and have it done right.

I have the 1461 RE leaves and have been very happy with them. They don't sag too bad, take a load well, don't flex -horrible- .. but I am replacing them with deavers too, so take it for what its worth.

I've know that my ass.........
i find this kind of language offensive and feel this should be moderated on this family friendly forum!!! if you are going to use that kind of language you should keep it in the DEN. Thank you.

this is a joke to most but to a very few i am F^%$ing serrious!

CIMG1856.jpg

I have seen this quite a bit. This is a lame design and usually fails like this.

I would suggest building something off the axle tube to support your bump stop. Someone mentioned air shocks but an air bump like some of the jeep speed guys might work out well.

I had the exact same thing happen to me. My rear springs just crapped out after some hard wheeling. I installed a couple of chevy 3/4ton chevy long leafs, and kept my main leaf, the ride is allitle stiffer but i can load up the rear and it has yet to crap out on me.

Back