• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

More lift

lonecountryboy

NAXJA Forum User
Hey I have a friend with a 3" RC lift on he was commenting that he would like to obtain a little more lift ( I know inchitis) I was looking and it looks like he could do a shackle and spacers for around $90 and get an extra 2" is this recommended or should he just buy a new lift kit? I don't know how safe it is to mix the kits so was just wondering if this was advisable.

Hey I have a friend with a 3" RC lift on he was commenting that he would like to obtain a little more lift ( I know inchitis) I was looking and it looks like he could do a shackle and spacers for around $90 and get an extra 2" is this recommended or should he just buy a new lift kit? I don't know how safe it is to mix the kits so was just wondering if this was advisable.
He is most likely looking at the ebay special 2" budget boost. I have this on top of my 4.5 RE lift. I dont mind it but do be aware that the shackles that come with it are not really beefy. I have yet to have a problem but I dont wheel that hard.

He was looking at 2" polyspacer from daystar and the 2" shackles from RC. I already warned him he would need an SYE and probably an adjustable trackbar.

when i went from 3" to 4.5" i went with a boomerange shackle and spacer.

keep in mind that i needed to adjust the adjustable trackbar that was on it and also adjusted the adjustable lower control arms i already had and i added new RE adjustable upper control arms. i aslo extended the endlinks and brake lines a bit.

so when going higher, suspension angles and driveline angles need to be addressed.

You need to be thinking about LA's or DB's also.

Back