• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bilstein 5125. which end up?

alex22

NAXJA Forum User
I just got a set of 5125's for the back and I don't see any mention of which way goes up. The sticker on the shock is readable if they are installed body up.

I have to install bar pin eliminators with these and 3 of the bolts in the body broke of so I only want to do this install once.

~Alex

For the 51xx shocks, it doesn't matter. It's usually recommended that the body is up to help prevent damage, especially on the 5150 (resevoir) shocks. For lifted TJs, the rear shocks have to be "can up" to keep the body from hitting the axle tube.

Yes it does!!!!!

Rod end down.

First off, I am not disagreeing with you or saying you are wrong. However I would like a little more information as to how you know or why you believe it matters.

I have been running a set of 5150's can down in my xj for about a year with no seen issues. But I could verywell be running mine wrong. I am just curious.

Back