• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear shock mounting ideas

slcpunk74

NAXJA Forum User
So I had the jeepspeed builder that I am still trying to sell because I got a good deal on a yota for the desert, but anywho I still have some good go fast parts that I am going to put on my dd just to make it more fun.

I am throwing my FOA 2.5x 10" resis up front and I wanna get a pair of the 2.0 resis for the rear now. I like the ladies and the ladies like the back of the jeep so I dont wanna have a hoop through the floor so I cannot lay down. I was looking at the jks/cross int. cross-bar rear shock mounts but it looks as though they actually make it so you loose shock length over the stock setup.

My question is have any of you guys run a cross bar back there that only came through the floor a couple inches(1"-3") so you can put a sheet cover over it and minimize floor discomfort?
My other question is what length shocks you guys running on the rear?

Thanks guys
Chadwick

So I had the jeepspeed builder that I am still trying to sell because I got a good deal on a yota for the desert, but anywho I still have some good go fast parts that I am going to put on my dd just to make it more fun.

I am throwing my FOA 2.5x 10" resis up front and I wanna get a pair of the 2.0 resis for the rear now. I like the ladies and the ladies like the back of the jeep so I dont wanna have a hoop through the floor so I cannot lay down. I was looking at the jks/cross int. cross-bar rear shock mounts but it looks as though they actually make it so you loose shock length over the stock setup.

My question is have any of you guys run a cross bar back there that only came through the floor a couple inches(1"-3") so you can put a sheet cover over it and minimize floor discomfort?
My other question is what length shocks you guys running on the rear?

Thanks guys
Chadwick

Sounds like a plan my man!!!

Good Luck

Nick

Back