• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adjustable Trac Bar Woes

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed my RR HD trac bar with frame mount on thursday. Now the trac bar is adjustable for lifts ranging from 2 inches up to 6 inches. and im right close in the middle sitting at a little over 4 inches. Well i had to turn the steering wheel a bit to the left to get the axle side to go in the hole. well after finishing it up, my axle cant be centered. my passenger side front tire sticks out further than my drivers front tire. Just wondering what is going on here.

Uhmm,adjust it?

you cant just adjust it to the "middle" and line it up with the hole and expect the axle to be centered.

dissconnect the end of the trackbar that adjusts, turn the steering wheel back and forth until the axle is centered, then adjust the bar so it goes back into the mount.

I know it sounds stupid, but when me and my buddy put it on, we tried to get the axle centered, but the trac bar acted like it was too long. So i turned the wheel till it lined up and it ended up making my passenger side tire stick out way more. I will try and adjust it tomorrow.

Yeah im gonna try and just take off the frame mount side and try and center the axle to get it in there. Now will i be able to do this by myself? If i turn the steering wheel back and forth can i get it to stay so i can get up underneath it and mount it up>?

Yeah im gonna try and just take off the frame mount side and try and center the axle to get it in there. Now will i be able to do this by myself? If i turn the steering wheel back and forth can i get it to stay so i can get up underneath it and mount it up>?
Yes.
lay under your jeep and brace your shoulders/back against a tire and put your feet on the bumper and use your legs to push the body in the direction it needs to go.You'll find that this is an easy way to get a trac bar bolted up.

you can do it yourself by turning the wheel until it is centered and holding the wheel in place with a strap and then bolt it up

that would make adjustment way too easy;)

They are all easy,and you only need to do once!!!!

what about lift changes and when you add weight such as a aftermarket bumper and a winch? then there is also a subtle change like tire wear.

point is an on vehicle adjuster would be so simple and you could get it lined up a helluva lot quicker and more accurately with just a couple wrench turns.

side note, is there any reason that the track bar needs to have the bends in it on a lifted vehicle, say sitting a 3.5-4" over stock height?

Back