• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

All New OK Fabrications- Gas Tank Skid Plate

Status
Not open for further replies.

OT

NAXJA Forum User
That's right folks! The Original Okiefab gas tank skid plate with 2" receiver hitch is hitting production!

is.php

is.php

is.php

Each skid plate is fused with a 2" receiver hitch for a clean, low profile, "battle tested" design.

This skid plate is the new Gold Standard, by which all others will be judged.

Made from 3/16" mild steel, the exact fitting skid is merged with the hitch, making installation and removal a breeze!

Skid plates are unpainted.

At $275.00, these skids are a steal!
But with the 10% NAXJA membership discount, how can you go wrong?​

Place your orders now, for one or two of these rock-hardened armor plates.​

And don't forget, our trail handy 4" receiver mount vises!​

is.php

This is our most abused tool on the trail, by everyone!

Definitely a trail savior.

For only $85.00, you could become everyone's new favorite wheeling buddy!

Don't wait, place your orders now!

If you have a custom request, let us know!​

For questions or ordering, please send a private message to "OT".

We are currently accepting:

• Credit cards via PayPal
  • Cashier's checks
  • Money orders
*Shipping charges via UPS will be applied.*

Stop the presses!
I forgot to add, that the skid plate can be ordered seperately, as a weld in addition to your existing receiver hitch!
These can be had for $175.00 (NAXJA members subtract 10%)
All I need is a few details about your hitch.

First, I need the measurement from between the two side rails of the hitch:

is.php

I'll also need the measurement from here to here:

is.php

Also, unfortunately, the the production skid plates for '97 and up models will be slightly delayed.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Terry

so, how much is shipping to Tucson, AZ 85748??????

im diggin it, any pics of the bare welds?? also, would this hitch/skid be an exceptable recoverypoint(winch/yank) , and can a basic aftermarket recovery bumper still be able to tie into the frame?

xj_toker said:
im diggin it, any pics of the bare welds?? also, would this hitch/skid be an exceptable recoverypoint(winch/yank) , and can a basic aftermarket recovery bumper still be able to tie into the frame?
Production on the skids starts tomorrow.
There are changes from the original.
I'll post some bare close-ups of the welds then.

The skid unit mounts using the factory nut strips, so if an aftermarket bumper is compatable with a hitch, then it will be fine.
This skid is designed for recovery, but we're not able rate it for towing.
Can it be used for towing? Probably, but we can't be responsible for mishaps while towing, but it is comparable to a class III hitch.

FYI, we're currently designing a low profile bumper/hitch/skid that will be all in one, and will utilize all 16 factory points for mounting.
If you're interested in a bumper, as well, this may be the route for you.:thumbup:

The business is starting out slowly, but interest has been increasing.
As of yet, I've only advertised here, but will soon be branching out to other media.

Yes, front bumpers are coming.
They will be much like the one on the front of my XJ, with only a few small design changes.
Wheeling with it for two years has shown me the areas that need improvement.

Here are some updated pictures of one of the fresh new GT-Skids.
There are only small design changes from the prototype and is even tougher now.

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

man thats some mighty fine work very clean thats an impressive product thats priced very, very reasonably i think i might scrap that rustys prerunner crap bar, get one of these bad boys or wait and see about rear bumper combo... speaking of can you post your drawings of the rear bumper/ drawings? i would love somthing that incorporated the skid, reciever pluse low profile rock bumper like the tnt rock runner that could cover and tuck under cut rear quarter panels, etc or similar to crok's rear rock bumper (tube)... recessed back up lights maybe? i dunno i love the skid thats awesome

Thank you for the praise.:)

I have to confess that I think that this product is a work of art.:thumbup:
Every seam is welded, inside and out.
The welds on the bottom skid are ground smooth to prevent chaifing and a smooth surface to slide on.
All materials are a combination of 3/16" and 1/4" and it is rugged and harder than a rock. Weight is 85 pounds.

I'd love to show pictures, but I can't draw worth a flip.
I make templates for each product as I build them.
So, unfortunately, you'll have to wait until we build the first one and test it.
We can do custom work, if you'd like to send me an idea of what you have in mind, we can get it cranked out.

That goes for the rest of you, reading this.:wantyou:

Last edited:
. how close are you to chicago? can i drop off my 2" reciever and have you work magic on her? i would even prep the surfaces for you... ...i dont have welding access .

kndrewa, I'm in Oklahoma, so it'd be pretty hard to drop in and weld it up for you. You could ship it to me, but that would negate any savings over buying a new skid.

Bridgman, you can even send me a drawing on a napkin and we can probably make something out of it.:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back