• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

To Lower or Not To Lower

Baja_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have my Jeep, it was my first vehicle, here it is almost 5 years later and Im still building on it. I still have alot of future plans to do to it but most of whats left revolves around my ride height. My original build plan was to leave it at 6.5 lift but now that I look at it I think it would look and go better lowered down 2-3 inches. Tell me what you guys think, whether I should leave it at 6.5 or lower it down. Keep in mind its not built for mudding or trail riding, its built for sand and wide, open vast desertat speed. http://www.hannemannfiberglass.com/custom.asp?id=457567&page=107 The only difference between the pictures in that link and the actual Jeep now is that in the link it has 33s and now it has 35s.

I didn't realize there was that much wide open desert in Indiana.

Most of the go-fast jeepspeed types seem to run about 5.5" of lift.

well, the only reason i wouldn't lower it is if you liked the 35s for driving but they'd rub if you had it lower. other than that, run the biggest tire you can on the smallest lift. by those pics it sure looks like the 35s won't rub at less height.

I didn't realize there was that much wide open desert in Indiana.

Most of the go-fast jeepspeed types seem to run about 5.5" of lift.

haha well thats the answer I get from alot of people but I hate mud. I used to think its all there was but then after numerous trips to the desert with Jeeps I fell in love with the desert and I figured it would be much better to build a rig and use it a few weeks out of a year and save and build it the rest of the year than build something I didnt like and use it every weekend and use my build-up money in repairs.

haha well thats the answer I get from alot of people but I hate mud. I used to think its all there was but then after numerous trips to the desert with Jeeps I fell in love with the desert and I figured it would be much better to build a rig and use it a few weeks out of a year and save and build it the rest of the year than build something I didnt like and use it every weekend and use my build-up money in repairs.

You'll find you don't love it as much without uptravel. 5.5-6.5 of lift seems pretty optimal.

Back