• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

KJ rear brakes on XJ?

seanyb505

NAXJA Forum User
I been doing the math in my head....The KJ has an 8.25, my XJ has an 8.25. Whats stopping me from putting the rear disks on my XJ? Ive heard it somewhere that you will need 16 rims to clear the rear disks...I already have KJ 16 inchers on, so no problem there. I havent looked into it too much, but what would be involved?

I don't know about you, but we don't exactly have too many KJ's in the the junkyards around here.

-Alex
:wstupid:

Thats why I went with ZJ plates but I woulda liked the whole project better if I'd had KJ parts & cables...

?? Why's Alex stupid? I thought he was making a valid and reasonable point...

Anyway. Seems like an easy enough swap, if you can find the parts. If you try it, be sure to start a thread and let everyone know how it goes

No I dont have many(any?) of them at the junkyards here. But I figure theyre starting to get old and may show up. Theyve been out for 6-7 years, so I figure in the next 2-4 years they might start showing up. We all know how XJs litter yards now, wait until KJs do.

Ok - don't get you panties in a bunch folks: I meant "I'm with him" not "He's an idiot". Intention was to agree, not to insult.

Some people need to quit wearing their internet feelings on their internet sleeves. yossarian was joking around. It happens a lot on the internet!

No I dont have many(any?) of them at the junkyards here. But I figure theyre starting to get old and may show up. Theyve been out for 6-7 years, so I figure in the next 2-4 years they might start showing up. We all know how XJs litter yards now, wait until KJs do.

Think about what XJ's litter the yards, mostly the early 90's and late 80's ones. The late models are rarely in the scrap yards yet, funny how DC scraps the vehicle that very reliable.:cry:

-Alex

Back