• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

???AW4 tranny pan removal???

90xj01tj

NAXJA Forum User
I am wanting to drop my tranny pan to change the filter. When I got under it to check it out I noticed the dipstick/fill tube is attached to the pan. Do you have to take the tube out with the pan or is there a trick to it? I have worked on several trannys before but never had the tube attached to the pan.

:wave1:

On mine I pull the drain plug, removed all the bolts, then separated the dip stick tube. Be prepared to make a big mess.

The first time I did it, the tube wouldn't come apart. So I ended up pulling the pan with the tube.

If you end up having to pull it with the pan, it is held on by one bolt on the bellhousing, but I would first try to separate it from the pan.

Make sure you replace the o-ring on the tube after you get it separated. It may or may not come with the filter kit, so check.

i know i had to wrestle mine off. Getting that little bellhousing bolt off the tube is a real PITA.
best thing for me was to leave the trans bolted on, unbolt the tube bolt and start yanking from the top on the tube.

for the love of GOD after cleaning the magnet off,please put it back on the pan inside...unlike me and forget until i already had trans oil in...||charles||

Back