• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

clicking/thumping from drivers side front while turning left

Emerscape

NAXJA Forum User
About a month ago I left my jeep at a mechanic that my brother uses for all of his trucks for a couple weeks while he went through my jeep and fixed a ton of things, including putting a new pinion seal on the front diff, replacing the brakes all around and two new u-joints in the front. I've been getting a lot of squealing out of my front brakes lately, but more importantly I'm hearing a grinding noise when I come to a stop. I live in the city and cant take the tires off but the rotors arent showing any signs of grooves or anything. In addition to this, when I turn left at slow speeds I get a clicking noise from the drivers side front tire, but not when I turn right. Any ideas of what it might be?

Call up the Mechanic, something is wrong with your brakes if they are squealing alot. Do you know what type of rotors and pads he put in? Some pads are prone to being loud so you have to clean them out more often? I assume that you do stop and go, how hard are you on breaking? It just sounds to me like you are on bare metal but I could be wrong. I would have the wheels off ASAP if I had that kind of an issue.

Back