• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any where sell a stock length after marked shackle

mindless

NAXJA Forum User
Like title said i have the RE 4.5 lift and after a full year back end is still higher than i would like. I have spacers up front to level it but would like to ditch them also to get a lower cog.

I like the idea of a heavy duty greaseable shackle so looking for something 0 - .5 if at all possible.

i wouldn't recommend it but i know rustys sells a 3/4" and i'm not sure but tomken might sell smaller ones. other than that i think you're prolly just gonna have to get some stockers again.

Like title said i have the RE 4.5 lift and after a full year back end is still higher than i would like. I have spacers up front to level it but would like to ditch them also to get a lower cog.

I like the idea of a heavy duty greaseable shackle so looking for something 0 - .5 if at all possible.

Park it next to a lifted YJ, or TJ, it'll make you feel better about being short.

how is a HD stock length hackle going to fix the problem of too much height? try removing a leaf from the leaf pack.

have you tried putting more weight in the back and flexing the springs?

I thought about taking out a leaf but ehh not sure it has 3.5" leafs on it with the shackle so if i were to replace springs id have to go with a 2" spring.

And yea my buddy with his TJ lifted 4" is taller than mine with close to 6" or 7" of lift.

You currently have longer than stock shackles correct? I think that is causing some confusion.....

I have MJ shackles on mine.... good for around .5 over stock.....

Ok yea sorry RE 4.5" kit come with 3.5" leaf packs and a 1.25" lift shackle. On top of that i have TNT ube which add .5" of lift. In the front i have the 4.5" coils with a 1.75" spacer to make the jeep sit close to level.

And what i would like to do would be able to remove or at least shorten the spacer up front.

Ok yea sorry RE 4.5" kit come with 3.5" leaf packs and a 1.25" lift shackle. On top of that i have TNT ube which add .5" of lift. In the front i have the 4.5" coils with a 1.75" spacer to make the jeep sit close to level.

And what i would like to do would be able to remove or at least shorten the spacer up front.

now i get it, you have a 3.5" leaf with a 1.25 shackle, not a 4.5" leaf spring.

is there room to drill another set of holes above the holes in the shackle. some shackles come with 2 sets of holes depending on how much lift you want.

going to a shorter shackle will not allow the spring to flex as much as with the longer shackle. i guess you have to give a little to get a little.

Ok yea sorry RE 4.5" kit come with 3.5" leaf packs and a 1.25" lift shackle.

It comes with a 1.25" extended shackle. It gives 3/4" of lift. ;)

Drop a couple of bags of gravel (350-400 pounds) and drive around for a couple of weeks and you'll level out; otherwise remove a leaf.

Back