• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T&J Performance roll cage

adamusmc2002

NAXJA Forum User
He guys. Not techically a NW guy anymore, but thought you guys that remember me would like to see the cage i got put in a couple weeks ago. Almost needed it in Disney! (Oklahoma) I'll get pics of that later. Anyway, here's the cage. I got the extra dash bar, 5 point bar, side impacts, and handles. Any questions just post, or PM. Total w/ shipping was $1150.

D20_2965.jpg

D20_2966.jpg

D20_2967.jpg

D20_2970.jpg

D20_2971.jpg

rattle can bedliner! :) same jeep

I still wanna do some tie-ins with the front quarters and front bumper for radiator protection, but school's taking up all my time right now.

looks good...there arent many pics out there on this one..

can you open your glovebox?

what was the cost on this one??

When you getting that bender Karl? I wanna add some more to mine...;)

-Alex

Alex, Most of the additional tube you may want to add to your cage doesn't require a bender. Just some tube, notcher and welder!

Looks good Adam!! The one thing I would add at a minimum is some triangulation at the "B" pillar (just a lower Inverted "V" would be a great start). That is a pretty good looking "kit" cage.

Michael

Alex, Most of the additional tube you may want to add to your cage doesn't require a bender. Just some tube, notcher and welder!

Looks good Adam!! The one thing I would add at a minimum is some triangulation at the "B" pillar (just a lower Inverted "V" would be a great start). That is a pretty good looking "kit" cage.

Michael

Maybe a "Y" at the B pillar. The top part of the Y at the upper half and then one single down post.

Michael

I would like some more rooftop triangulation, gussests an possibly some more stuff on the inside. Your right though, most of it will not need to be bent.

-Alex

Sexy.

Needs more triangulation.

I appreciate your advice. What is the purpose of more support at the B pillar? Is that where most of the stress is gonna be on a rollover? So maybe with what I have, run an X from seatbelt bar down towards floormount of B pillar?

I appreciate your advice. What is the purpose of more support at the B pillar? Is that where most of the stress is gonna be on a rollover? So maybe with what I have, run an X from seatbelt bar down towards floormount of B pillar?

It isn't that the stess is concentrated at the "B" pillar but that the "B" pillar support can help provide more support to the whole cage. The whole cage needs to work together to provide the best support.

The best option is the make an entire "X" at the "B" pillar (crossing at the sholder harness) but this does make it difficult to get things from and to the back seat. As an alternative I recommended just the lower half of the "X".

I think Karl's opinion was a "Y" but that doesnt make as much sense to me because the "leg" wouldn't have any support on the tunnel but maybe he has other thoughts.

Michael

Back