• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

S&w race cars roll cage information

NorCalChris

NAXJA Forum User
Ok. Im trying to design my own roll cage :laugh2:. Thinking interior cage with exo roof rails, rock rails and supports. so i guess almost an exo and -interior cage. over kill i know, but eh...whatever. Its a project. I have seen the D and C kit, its ok i guess for a basic kit. ive seen my buddies exo's on there yotas, and some of the cages around here. There all nice, but i was told m0re then once to look into the s&w race cars roll cage.
my concerns.
first: Ive yet to see a picture of the cage.
second: it seems like .134 wall is a little thin.
third: it's only $250 (how good can it really be?)

so. does anybody have any pictures of this cage or any opinions?:dunno:

second: it seems like .134 wall is a little thin.
my cage is .120 wall... 10ga is a nice thickness for a cage...

have you called the vendor and asked them to e-mail you pictures? I might start there :looser:

I installed the cage myself and heres what i found out..
1 it comes 50% pre notched
2 almost everything doesn't line up or fit
3 doesnt come with directions
if your a fabricator and have alot of time, then this cage is good for you
but if you want a cage thats direct fit, and easy to install i would go d & c

From what I've seen, S&W makes good stuff for drag cars, which usually crash at over 100mph, so I'm sure their cages will hold up just fine in Jeeps that crash at 5 mph. As far as putting it together, their cages seem a little more bare bones like you know what you are doing already, but just don't have a tubing bender. If you aren't the best fabricator or don't have much prior experience, go with a direct fit cage.

Back