• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tie rod ends

jdxj

NAXJA Forum User
do the rod ends from an XJ and a WJ have the same taper?

Yes they have the same taper. I have the WJ setup on my XJ and used go-fer-it flips in the knuckles as well as the WJ DLE at the pitman arm with no modifications.

Yes they have the same taper. I have the WJ setup on my XJ and used go-fer-it flips in the knuckles as well as the WJ DLE at the pitman arm with no modifications.
That is the exact reason I was wandering. I'm doing that swap as well. I was considering using offset ends from TeraFlex for the tierod to keep from hitting the diff cover.

Nope sure didn't thanks again. :kissyou:

Well I was wanting to get the ruffstuff cover but now that I know yours hits, maybe I'll go with a little lower profile one.
Or I could bend it out with the good old tubing bender kind of like the rockcrawler setup.

I don't even worry about it much. It's practically on the steering stop anyway. Just tends to rub off the paint on the cover thanks to my crappy paint job.

Back