• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats Next?

XJ20615

NAXJA Forum User
What to do next? i have a 6.5 inch lift, d44 rear, transfer skid plate, 33'' super swampers, aussie lockers front and back, steel front bumper with winch. k and n filter. opinions............. Im thinking duel exhaust. btw its off road only for the most part.

jeep.jpg

jeepfront2.jpg

jeepfront.jpg

Jeep3wheel.jpg

884016-R1-014-5A_007.jpg

884016-R1-040-18A_019.jpg

looks pretty good so far. why dual exhaust? a single pipe is plenty... and, i'd look into better steering components. the stock steering is very weak and prone to bending verrrrry easily...are your axles geared? if not, you may also want to look into gearing. plenty of other things to do before dual exhaust lol

ya true. My buddy gave me two flowmaster mufflers and thought it would sound good. Not to sure what my gears are. I will look at the plates on the diff later.

looks pretty good so far. why dual exhaust? a single pipe is plenty... and, i'd look into better steering components. the stock steering is very weak and prone to bending verrrrry easily...are your axles geared? if not, you may also want to look into gearing. plenty of other things to do before dual exhaust lol

can you post some pics of your jeep so i can get some ideas. got pics of the underneath?

auto or 5 speed? either way, if you don't know, you've got stock gearing. i'm assuming automatic with 3.55s if you swapped in a 44. you would benefit a huge amount when wheeling if you got your axles geared....night and day difference. it's expensive, but i believe it's probably the single best mod i've done to my jeep... long arms would also be a nice addition, or at least drop brackets, being that your lift is 6.5". it would help with your flexing an unblievable amount. also, if you want to stay at 33s, you definitely don't need to be that high. and also along the same lines, if you wanted to, you could fit much larger tires with trimming and possibly bumpstopping. for example, on my 6.5" lift i've got 37" creepy crawlers, just trimmed fenders and rear bumpstopping, and no rubbing...

and about the exhaust, if you want to get the flowmaster sound, just use one muffler and sell/give away the second...just swap out the stock muffler essentially.

i'm actually at work currently and can't upload any, and don't have access to photobucket. search back at my posts though, i have plenty of pictures up here. i'll try and find a couple threads for ya

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=953025

and thats with 4.5" lift and 34s, flexed...

no, drop brackets drop the mouting points for the control arms, basically a cheaper way to simulate the effects that long arms would have. for your rear, your shocks may be too short and are limiting your travel. unbolt one and measure it's extended/collapsed lengths. if it is indeed too short, you may be able to move the shock's mounting point up onto the axle tube itself, rather than hanging down below. do you have stock shackles? what leafs?

try and give as much info on the jeep as possible, and i'll help ya out more when i'm home from work...

Last edited:
could always use bigger and better skid plates

I gonna say you need to research and learn alot more about your vehicle and your needs. You really should know what gears you have. A lack of knowledge will hinder any project. Read and learn as much as you can and go from there.

What do you want from your rig? What type of terrain do you wheel? Also a DD?

How and where you wheel will dictate what you need.

i would say go with a 44 front. already made the rear stronger so why not? the d30 is the weakest axle next to the d35

:doh:

-Gears
-Lockers
-Sliders
-Diff guards
-Upgraded steering
-Tow points
-Frame stiffeners
-4:1
-Better shocks
-Roll cage
-Long arms
-Bump stops and limiting straps
-Cut fenders, and lower it 2''
-etc

You need some rock slider/nerf bars ASAP. Once you've crushed your rockers, your doors won't close easily and you can tweak your unibody out of alignment. That was actually the very first mod I did, you can't go wrong with a good set of sliders.

Back