• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need TRE part #s!

RockMonkey

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 79(ish) Bronco dana 44 and I want to flip the tie rod from under the knuckles to over the knuckles, and I want to get a passenger side TRE that has the hole in the top for the drag link. I thought I had the part numbers I needed, but it turns out the TRE passenger side TRE part number I has the hole rotated 90 degrees from what I want, so the drag link would be in front (or behind) of the tie rod, instead of on top. I need some help finding a part number for the TRE with the hole on the top for the drag link.

Here are the part numbers I have:

Tie Rod:
ES2233L for pass side (reamed hole for TRE) NAPA PN 269-2554
ES2234R for driver side

Drag Link:
ES2027L for pitman arm (high angle)
ES2234R for pass side (mounts to TRE ES2233L)

The ES2027L and ES2026R are stock 85 Blazer drag link ends.

The ES2233L and ES2234R are stock 85 Blazer tre's.

Here's a picture of the TRE that won't work because the hole is rotated wrong:

352719.jpg

Does anyone have any insight on the right part numbers?

I've never seen one with the hole on top... just like the one you pictured (the hole is actually for a steering stabilizer, I believe). Wouldn't the angle of the TRE for the draglink max out when the axle droops?
Billy

It would see it's maximum angle when the driver side droops, the drag link should be able to handle the angle though, since the drag link end at the pitman arm handles the same angle, regardless of where the axle end of the drag link is mounted.

It would see it's maximum angle when the driver side droops, the drag link should be able to handle the angle though, since the drag link end at the pitman arm handles the same angle, regardless of where the axle end of the drag link is mounted.

Good point.

Do you just not have enough room for the one you pictured?

Billy

Good point.

Do you just not have enough room for the one you pictured?

Billy

The drag link would match the angle and length of my track bar if I mount it on top, and the drag link angle would be much closer to flat. The TRE pictured would probably work, but not nearly as well as one with the hole on top.

Back