• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shop prices

projectTK

NAXJA Forum User
i recently installed a 8.25 rear end with 456 and locker in my 89xj. I wanted to know what the average shop would charge me to put 456 gears in the front d35 axle with vacuum disconnect axle? i heard i need a new carrirer when doing this?

You mean front d30 axle? d35 was in the rear...

~Scott

you need a new carrier, and you have a front D30. And shop prices vary so much, that unless someone from your town or county chimes in, there is just no way to give you a good guess.

Carrier is about $60,labor varies from $150-250 depending on the area and how good of a reputation they have(also axle in or out).

WOW, A local shop quoted me 6 hours labor @ 95/hr to regear a D30. I think since its a small shop with a lot of bigger ongoing projects they wanted to scare me off with the price, I'm going to be doing the swap myself, with help from my boss.

~Alex

i got quoted 900$ includes new carrier, master bearing install kit, 456gears (open diff) and a day to a day in a half to get it dun

Back