• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Throttle body spacer?

bigboyslimjimbo

NAXJA Forum User
Does anybody know of a throttle body spacer kit better than a rusty's. I bought their kit and it wanted me to cut the existing throttle cable and put a spacer thing in there to tie off to, and i did not like this design. Is there any kits that have a new cable? Thanx for any help!!

I got a Rustys TB spacer with my exhaust combo and did not have to cut anything. If I remeber correctly all it involved was the spacer and a few little risers for the rail the cable runs thru. I never noticed any difference but it does whistle at part throttle. I have since bored my TB and spacer but still do not remember having to do any mods other than slapping it in place with longer hardware.

Mine came with spacers to rise the linkage and no cable cutting was required.
For 30$ I can't complain but I don't know that it does anything, really. When I go to a 99+ intake I'll use the TB spacer to hold down papers, maybe make a "bling" necklace out of it.

TB spacers only work with carbed vehicles, they're supposed to give the air/fuel mixture more time to atomize, but since the only thing going through the spacer is air it doesn't do anything.

JP mag did some dyno. runs a few years ago on a Cherokee with a bunch of after market parts. The TB spacer made only 1-2 HP if I remember right.

Back