• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

the next step

xj97sport269

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 97 xj stock 30/35 trac lock, 31's, 4.5 rough country 4.5 aal.

plans

8.8 rear with some sort of locker
2 inch spacers front
long arm
33's
sye

now question is trying to keep this budget minded what should i do for rear lift (ie. block, basterd pack, taller perches on axel, blocks) and who should i get the long arm kit from (who makes a good one), and what else should i consider with all this (steering, shocks, brake lines, any thing i might be missing)

thanks for any and all help

when you do your 8.8 raise the perches, that is what i did.

Also, get bigger shackles if you want.

As for long arms, TnT is a great setup, but the Clayton set is better because you dont have to drop the center skid to work on things under your jeep.

You said you have 4.5" of lift? you can run 33s and long arms off that if you want. thats enough flex to get you almost anywhere.

Also think about upgrading to a new steering box and or a 1 ton setup.

You will need a new driveshaft when you get your SYE...

Last thing I can say is, use the search function. these questions have been answered many times before.

Keil

thanks ... and i can do 33's with long arms? i dont want to trin the fenders and the wheeling i do .... well my tires spend some time tucked .... just wanna make shure

I personally like rustys longarm system. Than the easist way to lift the rear probally will be getting some perches like .5 inch higher than soom 1.5 inch lift shackles with the 2 inch pucks in the front. Than brakelines find a machine shop near you that can make some it usually is alot cheaper. I can get them made by me for $35 a brakeline. Steering you may wanna do crossover steering.

if you want any flex at all they you will have to cut your fenders, unless you plan on lifting to 6.5-7in, then you can run 33s with no trimming and still have ok flex. triming fenders is not as hard or time consuming as you think, just cut them and life will be good.

I personally like rustys longarm system. Than the easist way to lift the rear probally will be getting some perches like .5 inch higher than soom 1.5 inch lift shackles with the 2 inch pucks in the front. Than brakelines find a machine shop near you that can make some it usually is alot cheaper. I can get them made by me for $35 a brakeline. Steering you may wanna do crossover steering.

i have a aal kit so it already has shackles

Back