• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vibes at 55

sublime600

NAXJA Forum User
So this has been lik ethis for a while but ive been getting really bad vibes from about 50 to 55 then it smooths out a little but i can still feel a little. WHat are you guys suggesting i do alignment? rebalance? im confused i also have a clunking/rattling noise coming from the front both sides when i hit bumps in the road. Can this be a culprit? a while back i was having a whinning noise coming from the passenger side wheel, it has since stopped but do you think its the hub bearing causing the vibes? Any answers whould be great. Thanks guys!

sublime600 said:
So this has been lik ethis for a while but ive been getting really bad vibes from about 50 to 55 then it smooths out a little but i can still feel a little. WHat are you guys suggesting i do alignment? rebalance? im confused i also have a clunking/rattling noise coming from the front both sides when i hit bumps in the road. Can this be a culprit? a while back i was having a whinning noise coming from the passenger side wheel, it has since stopped but do you think its the hub bearing causing the vibes? Any answers whould be great. Thanks guys!

you need to check your whole front end. it can be from a number of things. if your bearings were making noises and went away it does not mean it self-healed. when was the last time you had alignment and wheels balanced? do you have a lift on there and need longer lcas?

tell us a little more about what you have, tire size, lift, what parts used in lift etc... should be a simple fix.

no lift but i have 235/70/16 tires they are pretty new put them on in about april. They were balanced then but i had an alignment done about in december. sorry i didnt inlude that before.

u-joints (front or rear driveshaft) can cause the vibe you're feeling. The alignment is also a possible suspect - it only takes one good whack to throw that off...

Back