• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's in Moab??

2xtreme

NAXJA Forum User
We got in earlier today and spent most of the afternoon at Arches National Park. WOW!!!!!!!
Did a few short hikes with the kids and took a bunch of pic's.

Went to the grocery store later this evening and saw 2 Jeeps with OR plates?
I am pretty sure the blue one is "Richard Cranium" ? but there was also one painted in camo? Who? I don't recognize it?

As a side note, I got 14mpg average for the entire trip down here with the Grand, pulling the XJ on the trailer! I am shocked! Much better than I would have guessed.

Michael

As a side note, I got 14mpg average for the entire trip down here with the Grand, pulling the XJ on the trailer! I am shocked! Much better than I would have guessed.

I bet that tow was a sight to see. I think if I saw a GC pulling a big lifted XJ, I'd laugh my arse off.

Let's see some pics!

~Scott

P.S.
920593575_5e03eb3fed.jpg

^Moab = beautiful

I bet that tow was a sight to see. I think if I saw a GC pulling a big lifted XJ, I'd laugh my arse off.
l
I plan on towing my xj with my zj anytime i go wheelin, 2/3 times i go wheelin i need a tow home afterwords:shhh:

Let's see some pics!

Actually it does very well, obviously not as well as the Ex, but it does well.
I just didn't expect to get that good of gas milage with it.
I'll send some pic's later of the combo.

PS. I brought my Mt. Bike and am hoping to run at least slickrock while I am here.

Mic'there is way too much to see here and not enough time'hael.

Michael do you like the new paint scheme? R. Cranium and myself ran Poison Spider this afternoon after we saw you. We have plenty of pics but internet uploads here are a little sketch. We have not decided tomorrows run's yet. We're at slickrock in the back stop in and say hi. This is some of the most beautiful country I've seen!

Michael do you like the new paint scheme? R. Cranium and myself ran Poison Spider this afternoon after we saw you. We have plenty of pics but internet uploads here are a little sketch. We have not decided tomorrows run's yet. We're at slickrock in the back stop in and say hi. This is some of the most beautiful country I've seen!

I thought it looked like your rig (especially with the bushwackers) but I wasn't sure with the paint and I didn't know you were heading out.

It looks good. I like it!

Michael

Actually it does very well, obviously not as well as the Ex, but it does well.
I just didn't expect to get that good of gas milage with it.
I'll send some pic's later of the combo.

PS. I brought my Mt. Bike and am hoping to run at least slickrock while I am here.

Mic'there is way too much to see here and not enough time'hael.

That pic I took was on Porcupine rim...and honestly, it was probably one of the best rides I've ever done. Took me 3 hours (2hours riding/walking 1 hours stopped) to do solo with no previous experience on that trail too (I know stupid...but I had precautions)...and that was when it was 100 degrees on a 45lb bike.

Slickrock was on my list too. Word of warning though, if your on a hardtail...be prepared to get beat up...the trails are rough if you go as fast as I like to!

~Scott

Slickrock was on my list too. Word of warning though, if your on a hardtail...be prepared to get beat up...the trails are rough if you go as fast as I like to!

~Scott

I am on a hardtail, and I don't expect to set any speed records ;) To be honest, I haven't really ridden my mt. bike on a trail in years. I just figured while I was here I should check it out.

Michael

I am on a hardtail, and I don't expect to set any speed records ;) To be honest, I haven't really ridden my mt. bike on a trail in years. I just figured while I was here I should check it out.

Michael

Hah well at the very least I highly recommend riding the first mile of slickrock...if you want a long epic ride, do porcupine rim...it's 14-ish miles, and only the first 3-4miles really suck (uphill) but then it's fun downhill stuff with killer views.

~Scott

Matt, Hans (with Ryan), Jeremy (with Devin), Doug and I all wheeled Moab Rim this evening to see the sunset.

It was a pretty romantic trip to start off the week.:laugh3:

Tomorrow's plan is Hell's Revenge. At least it is better than working :scottm:

Michael

Matt, Hans (with Ryan), Jeremy (with Devin), Doug and I all wheeled Moab Rim this evening to see the sunset.

It was a pretty romantic trip to start off the week.:laugh3:

Tomorrow's plan is Hell's Revenge. At least it is better than working :scottm:

Michael

OMG ! you guys suck !

:banghead:

:wave1:Thanks... the only solace is that we are both web wheeling now.

That is true. While everyone else is standing around in a circle drinking and telling lies, I am back at the house, with the family, playing cards, dowloading pic's, charging batteries, checking messages for work, and web wheeling (I don't want you guys to feel like you are missing out on the :party:).

;)
Michael

Back