• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

setting up polarity on a mig

DeftwillP

NAXJA Forum User
This is all on my HH 130. I finally got a bottle of C25 and a spool of .03 wire. I got it set up and then remembered that I needed to switch the polarity. I studied the diagram inside and knew that I needed DCEP.

After studying the diagram for a moment, I realized that it was already set up on DCEP. It had been set up in this mode while I was doing flux work and it seemed to work fine. I was having some problems here and there but its just me on the learning curve.

So my father and I leave it on DCEP and start playing with it but cannot get a constant bead or "static" noise. Just for giggles, I switched the polarity over to DCEN (which is for flux right??) and it seemed to work much better.

We both studied the diagram and the wires numerous times and found that we weren't crazy. So why are we having better luck with it wired opposite of what it should be?

hello hello hello....
echo echo echo....

47 views guys?

You may have a defective unit.. Trying taking it back to the place you bought it or calling Hobart for tech support. What are you trying to weld with it? Try turning up the wire speed-heat & make sure you have the regulators set correct as well.

Back