• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 door vs 4 door

kenny schmitt

NAXJA Forum User
What is everybodys opinion on 2 or 4 door i had a 2 door 96 now im thinking about a 97-99 2 or 4 door. i searched i didnt see anything with pros or conns

2 dr's, you can get sagging problems in the doors, is about the only issues i've heard.

on the positive side, i like the bigger door opening to squeeze myself into my seat. I dont bang my legs against things quite as much.

I own both and I must same they are pretty damn close. I really don't favor ethier for the doors wise!

2 door rigs supposedly have more body flex than 4 doors but I think it's only relevent in hard core rock crawlers. I looked for a 2dr for my dd but I wanted a loaded rig & most 2 drs are strippers so I wound up with a 4dr. Except for the hinge problem[bad enough on 4 doors] if you don't carry passengers I don't see a down side to the 2 drs. Also less stuff to rattle & wear out.

I own and drive a 2 door. I also have two kids, one of which is in a carseat. I have no troubles with getting them in or out.

As for the cool factor, you can't beat the 2 door. It's somewhat of an unusual site in the XJ world.

Two door is better looking IMO. Also you can trim more off the rear fender. Def less passenger friendly. Nobody liked sitting in the back of my old 2 door.

I own and drive a 2 door. I also have two kids, one of which is in a carseat. I have no troubles with getting them in or out.

As for the cool factor, you can't beat the 2 door. It's somewhat of an unusual site in the XJ world.

Nobody really minds riding in the back of my 2 Door, not any smaller back there and my 95 actually has cupholders in the back!

Not all 2 Doors are strippers. Mine is '95 4.0, 5-Speed PW PDL Cruise. The only thing I can think of that it doesn't have that my '99 Classic does is Power Mirrors.

most 2 drs are strippers so I wound up with a 4dr

I went looking for a stripper with two doors....... er, I guess that conversation should be in the den.......:wave:

I like the look of an early model fully loaded four door (chrome and all), but in the newer ones I like the two door. Four door has a fourth pillar for support, but beyond that it's personal preference.

Long live the 2 door!!! No Door problem here

NAXJACarnageFest08015.jpg

PS I like the 4 doors too.

Nick

I went looking for a stripper with two doors....... er, I guess that conversation should be in the den.......:wave:

I like the look of an early model fully loaded four door (chrome and all), but in the newer ones I like the two door. Four door has a fourth pillar for support, but beyond that it's personal preference.

my 89 2dr is loaded, cept with leather. everything is power and chrome accents.

I had the choice of a 2 or 4 door when I bought mine. I bought the 4 door. I have no kids and not many friends but my dog was a factor because he rode in the back seat.
I ulimately chose the 4 door because of the seat belts. 4 door seat belts are easier to reach.

The stripper next door to me drives a Lexus.

The hinge problem will crop up on both models, 2Dr sooner. Other then that, it's personal preference.

I like my 2 door. On my third one so far. My 89 was loaded with power everything cruise but no leather. My 88 was a pukegoat :( but power windows and locks with cruise. Now my 94 got everything but leather. I like it for the look. Also when people want me to drive I can tell them I have a 2door and get a ride :) haha

iirc 2dr 50lbs lighter

4dr, doors are smaller, better in tight parking lots.

I have a 2dr and prefer it, seats fold far forward for camping.
I use a queen air mattress in the back.
Occasionally I have friends dog (180# Eng. Lab) has no problem getting in the back seat.

4dr or 2dr you should use frame stiffeners anyway.

My 2 Door has a custom view of the exhaust for the rear passenger seat!

The stripper next door to me drives a Lexus.

The hinge problem will crop up on both models, 2Dr sooner. Other then that, it's personal preference.

The stripper next door to me drives a beat up ass S-10 thats been t- boned with a ladder rack on it... But she gives a mean... umm well lets just say she can suck peanut butter through a straw! haha ;)

Back