• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj leafs with yj leaf pack?

bryceyoda

NAXJA Forum User
i was reading about this s10 leaf pack stuff but my neighbour offered me a set of yj leafs for free. can i make my own lift out of the xj and yj packs im looking for a 3" lift or so.... any info will help

I'd say as long as they are the same width than you can make a bastard pack out of nearly anything.
give it a shot and give some feed back, but check to see if they are the same width before you tear them apart.

Like stated before you can make a bastard pack out of pretty much any, same width, springs. I used rears out of a '79 Chevy truck. Used five leaves out of it (threw out the massive overload and two top leaves) and got about 3.5". Rides great, I love it. Go to the local pull-a-part and grab you a 3.5" lift for under $30!!!:cheers:

You can do it, I had a full legenth AAL made from the main spring from a tired old YJ with the eyelets cut off on a XJ for a while, rode ok considering... Play with diffrent leaf's to decide what hight/ride you get best to your tastes. Unfortuantly that part will be tiral and error.

i think im going to go with an s10 leaf pack i've read there about a 3 to 4 inch lift with decent flex and cheap. if i wanted a tank i would've kept my toyota with 6" skyjacker leafs lol:doh:

Back