• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jk rims on xj

paroxysym

NAXJA Forum User
i been kicking around the idea of throwing a set of 17" jk rubi rims on my xj. has anybody else thought of doing so? i know i will need adapters for them to work- which is the only thing holding me back. i found a nice deal on 5 rims and new bfg mts on them for cheap. i think they would compliment the lift im getting nicely. would 3" be enough to clear them? i believe they are just shy of 32s..

i been kicking around the idea of throwing a set of 17" jk rubi rims on my xj. has anybody else thought of doing so? i know i will need adapters for them to work- which is the only thing holding me back. i found a nice deal on 5 rims and new bfg mts on them for cheap. i think they would compliment the lift im getting nicely. would 3" be enough to clear them? i believe they are just shy of 32s..
You will need adapters, JK wheels are 5x5. There are many sellers on eBay that make them as well as Spidertrax I believe. Try to make sure the ones you get are decent quality and hubcentric though, they will give a piece of mind that your wheel isn't going to fall of while driving. 3" of lift would be enough to clear 32"s if you want to trim, otherwise 3" with full fenders and flares is barely going to clear a 31", especially on a 97+ with stock bumpers.

lotta work for some big ugly rims with a wierd size tire that will cost more than a 15, and a wierd lug pattern, so you cant use anyone elses spare, and they wont be able to use yours.

The tire size may be weird to you, but you've got to remember that almost most new trucks and suv's have 17's and actually have that size so if it came down to having to buy a tire to get home the tire store will most likely have one that size. And if you need to borrow a spare just take off spacer, use spare. Not that hard.

If you like the wheels go for it.

Back