• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any input on this setup?

RescueXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Right now I'm running 3.5" lift on stock axles and drivetrain, except for an SYE that I'm installing soon.The bushings on my leaf springs are shot, so are my shocks in all four corners.

Instead of replacing them with new 3.5" springs, I'm thinking about going to 4.5" lift with 32" or buy some 33"s specifically for wheeling. Also instead of swapping axles, I'd rather just re-gear to 4.56 and run Alloy shafts. Right now I don't have the time or knowledge to dedicate to axle swaps. I rely to heavily on my XJ for daily driving.

Should I give more thought to swapping axles instead?

Unless you have an 8.25 (preferably a 29-Spline) you wont really have to swap if your only going to 33s. But if you have a D35, you need to swap that out.

You can find stock D44s out of the junkyard that will bolt right in or you can do an 8.8 swap which is very simple.

Also you can search here or Pirate for people that are going bigger and are selling their bolt in axles.

Nope, your good with the 29-Spline.

Back