• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gnarly trails in WA

mud1059

NAXJA Forum User
My POS surprised the hell out of me again this weekend. This thing can go anywhere. I've been hitting Evans pretty hard because it's close and the Jeep had to be driven. Not the case anymore. Peterson's 4 wheel has a list of trails to hit this month. I was hoping you guys knew the best trails on this side of the mountains. I'm open to anything as long as it's the hardest trail known to man. Mechanical damage comes with the game. Body damage not an issue. Also if you're interested you're welcome to show the way provided you're crazy. Not sure on a time frame but not this coming weekend and not the noob run weekend. Pictures I think would be more than welcome on this thread. Thanks guys.

This winter you can lead on a "snow run".
Maybe it would be more difficult in the back?
Now you got me thinking.

Michael

mud1059 said:
This thing can go anywhere.

I'm open to anything as long as it's the hardest trail known to man.

Also if you're interested you're welcome to show the way provided you're crazy.
It's good you're so modest. :D

Lets do some trails when it's good and muddy...Evans Creek is a whole different animal when it's slick. I'm going to get a Evans run organized in October; we'll run a bunch of trails (not just 311 ;)) and with any luck it'll be pouring down rain and sloppy as hell.

Also check out Reiter. There are a lot of trails that'll get your heart rate up:

IMG_3248.jpg

IMG_3218.jpg

-----Matt-----

Sac Up is the trail pictured by Matt above. The first pic "the ledge" will test your traction in the reverse direction of pictured (I can pretty much garantee that you will not be able to get anywhere close to the ledge), and the second picture "V-notch" will test a very good suspension system.

There are plenty of other great trails around the area and as mentioned they can go from mild to VERY Wild with some rain and or snow.

Michael

KarlVP said:
Wait for a good rain.

Then run the Busywild at Elbe....... Backwards.

PS. Bring your winch.

^^^^^ LOL thats exactly what I was thinking but the PS should include tie rod, and a sleeping bag if ya run it after a "Good Rain" ha ha ha ha!!! Ive ran it a million times in the rain and something always seems to happen:twak:

2xtreme said:
Sac Up is the trail pictured by Matt above. The first pic "the ledge" will test your traction in the reverse direction of pictured (I can pretty much garantee that you will not be able to get anywhere close to the ledge), and the second picture "V-notch" will test a very good suspension system.

There are plenty of other great trails around the area and as mentioned they can go from mild to VERY Wild with some rain and or snow.

Michael

I don't think that is sac up in the first picture. Maybe the Poop Chute by the entrance to sac up, but even then i dunno. Not sac up though.

The "v-notch" you call we call Stair step or 3 step.

Not trying to be a booger, just we at the Reiter Trail Watch, are working on mapping and getting all the trails at Reiter under a common name so as to avoid confusion.

Check us out at www.Reitertrailwatch.org and we hang out on www.nw-wheelers.com under the RTW boards.

We meet the second wednedsay of every month at the Alphys Pizza in Snohomish, if you would like to come to a meeting.

KarlVP said:
I don't think that is sac up in the first picture. Maybe the Poop Chute by the entrance to sac up, but even then i dunno. Not sac up though.

The "v-notch" you call we call Stair step or 3 step.

Not trying to be a booger, just we at the Reiter Trail Watch, are working on mapping and getting all the trails at Reiter under a common name so as to avoid confusion.

Check us out at www.Reitertrailwatch.org and we hang out on www.nw-wheelers.com under the RTW boards.

We meet the second wednedsay of every month at the Alphys Pizza in Snohomish, if you would like to come to a meeting.

Karl, I appreciate your input. The first photo is the "poop chute", I have heard it called several names. The second photo is what you are calling "stair step" or "3-step". I have always heard it called the "v-notch".

As a side note, I consider Sac-up to include both of these obstacles. I assume you consider the start to be "below" the "poop chute"?

I think it is interesting how Reiter's trails seem to be called all sorts of different names. I have always assume this because of so many different groups that use it (bikes, hiking, trucks, climbing, mt biking, kids, etc).

I appreciate both of the websites. I would like to support Reiter area more since I do use it reasonably regularly. I will try to fit those meetings into my schedule, however with my current schedule it will be extremely difficult to do that. I will however, sign up for more information on your website.

Thanks,
Michael

IXNAYXJ said:
It's good you're so modest. :D

That's my middle name. Seriously though this thing surprised the crap out of me. Plus I'm cocky because I haven't broken in 2 straight trips! Ya I haven't taken the Cherokee to Elbe yet, but tagged along a couple times with Josh and some stock toyotas that made it through without much of a problem with open diffs. They skipped the swamp area though. Josh votes elbe is harder dry than wet.

-----Matt-----

Back