• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocklizard Lift Rock Monitor Bumper - Install/Write-up

jeep01xj

NAXJA Forum User
Well the Wait is over and the Bumper is here and installed. :thumbsup:
I knew about 3 months ago I wanted to get a nice bumper for the trails and for looks. After looking around I went to Marty are Rocklizard and was going to order the Monitor Lizard. Then about 1 Month later he came out with the design of this one and it looked awesome. So the rest was history. I got the bumper last week and got around to the install and paint this week.
P1010006.jpg

P1010010.jpg

P1010023.jpg

First off you need to take the some pics of what it looked like before.....
Not very cool, I hated it :brickwall With out the cover it looks bad (I think)
P1010007.jpg

P1010025.jpg

Now Taking off the Old Bumper and mounts. I sprayed the Jeep down about 2 weeks before with BP Blaster and made sure I was not going to break any bolts.
Every thing went really well and nothing broke. Bumper is now off. Jason From Jeepin said it was ok to cut those Fender Brackets so .. I did lol
P1010039.jpg

P1010034.jpg

Next comes the New Bumper. My dad helped me Hold it in place till I could slide in a couple of bolts. If fit really nice, just a couple of hits with a rubber hammer and she was set. I had some trouble with the steering pump but I did get it in. I could not get the bolts to line up :(. But in the End all done. Everything was tight and looking good. I check all of the bolts twice and made sure to put Lock Thread on the Steering Bolts.
P1010041.jpg

P1010048.jpg

Now just took some pics of it all done. I love it. Fits the Lines of the XJ really nice. I think it looks beefy and Strong. The mounts are stong and look really tough.

The real bonus to me was the Ride after was Awesome !! The Bumper really made the Jeep Rigid and by doing that the ride qaulity to me was greatly improved.

P1010060.jpg

P1010059.jpg

P1010057.jpg

P1010062.jpg

For More INFO go here..... http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/rock_monitor.htm

Sorry for the long Thread, Hope you all like it !! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CHUGLYxj said:
looks great, I hope to install mine this weekend. Where did you put the vacume canister?

On the other side of the Coolant bottle, with some zip ties, works well

That does look good. Marty does clean work.

What color is your Jeep?
Also, what headlights are those?

At the same time I would have done an steering box brace on the inside of the framerail.

I like that bumper. How did you paint it? Im in the process of painting mine and to tell you the truth, im quite inexperienced. Some tips would be great. But those lights look like the ipf ones with the glow ring.

Back