• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

McCain chooses Palin as his running mate

"She hunts, eats moose hamburger, ice fishes, rides snowmobiles, and owns a float plane.[13][14] Palin holds a lifetime membership with the National Rifle Association. "

Quote from Wikipedia.

So McCain's wife owns a beer distribution company and his VP is an outdoors person. I'm just too redneck to vote for any one else. :jester:

Wow, what an odd choice. She apparently shares many of the same views as Maccain, but WOW. He really went out on a limb. I hope he knows what he's doing.

Ray H said:
Wow, what an odd choice. She apparently shares many of the same views as Maccain, but WOW. He really went out on a limb. I hope he knows what he's doing.

It's definitely high risk high reward. Lets hope it's high reward.

I think she is a good choice. She will bring in the female vote, pro drilling, good stand on gun's, seems like she's down to earth and is a fresh face.

and she's HOT! :)

Palin has been the top-rated American governor for some time now. I think she's an excellent choice for VP.

HOLY SHIT :gag: JOHN MC CAIN JUST UP-STAGED OBAMA!!!!!!

Whatever bounce O-Bama got after his speech last night is all gone,... will not be spoken of again,... what timing,... bad bad Mc Cain. He shoild have waited until next week so O-bama could enjoy the positive results of his speech.

Everyone now infavor or against Mc Cain will be talking for the rest of the weekend 'A woman' 'A woman' 'He chose a woman'.

What rotten timing for O-Bama.

Great choice as far as a compliment to McCain, definitly fullfills his weaknesses as far as environmental policy goes. Very strategic move as far as pulling in the women vote. The only knock with that choice is that i he may have beniffited from choosing someone a little more to the left to pull in some of those undecided left leaning voters.

She's the only one of the four who can honestly say she's got executive experience. She's a mother and is not a politician. She's a threat to Washington and I honestly believe she'll help shake it up. I remember the noise she made as the ethics commissioner and smiled big when I heard McCain had picked her. Awesome. :D

I think it's a very smart choice. Besides being a woman and seriously trumping and smacking Hillary, she has great experience in a bunch of important areas.

Governor Sarah Palin made history on Dec. 4, 2006 when she took office. As the 11th governor of Alaska, she is the first woman to hold the office. During her first legislative session, Governor Palin’s administration passed two major pieces of legislation – an overhaul of the state’s ethics laws and a competitive process to construct a gas pipeline. Since taking office, her top priorities have been education, workforce development, public safety, resource development and infrastructure. Under her leadership, Alaska invested $1 billion in the state’s education fund and implemented
the Senior Benefits Program that provides support for low-income older Alaskans.
She created Alaska’s Petroleum Systems Integrity Office to provide oversight and maintenance of oil and gas equipment, facilities and infrastructure, and the Climate Change Subcabinet to prepare a climate change strategy for Alaska. Governor Palin is chair of the Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission, a multi-state government agency that promotes the conservation and efficient recovery of domestic oil and natural gas resources while protecting health, safety and the environment. She also serves as vice chair of the National Governors Association (NGA) Natural Resources Committee, which is charged with pursuing legislation to ensure state needs are considered as federal policy is formulated in the areas of agriculture, energy, environmental protection and natural resource management. Prior to her election as governor, Palin served for two terms on the Wasilla City Council and two terms as the mayor/manager of Wasilla. During her tenure, she reduced property tax levels while increasing services and made Wasilla a business friendly environment drawing in new industry. She has served as chair of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, which regulates Alaska’s most valuable non-renewable resources: oil and gas. She was elected by her peers to serve as president of the Alaska Conference of Mayors. In this role, she worked with local, state and federal officials to promote solutions to the needs of Alaska’s communities.
Before beginning a career in public service, Governor Palin worked in the media and utility industries. Sarah Heath Palin arrived in Alaska with her family in 1964, when her parents came to teach school in Skagway. She received a bachelor of science degree in communications-journalism
from the University of Idaho in 1987. She is married to Todd Palin, a lifelong Alaskan, a production operator on the North Slope and a four-time champion of the Iron Dog, the world’s longest snowmachine race. Todd and Sarah commercial fish in Bristol Bay with their children – Track, Bristol, Willow and Piper. Track enlisted in the U.S. Army on Sept. 11, 2007. She was active in her family’s pursuits – including serving as a sports team mom and school
volunteer. She also runs marathons. Palin is a lifetime member of the NRA and enjoys hunting, fishing, Alaska history, and all that Alaska’s great outdoors has to offer.

Back