• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender swaps

Achmed

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking to replace the 2 front fenders on my 2000 with some from a 93. Since I am going to be trimming them above the factory flare location, will they still fit or are the totally different fenders?

Chris @ GATR said:
I am looking to replace the 2 front fenders on my 2000 with some from a 93. Since I am going to be trimming them above the factory flare location, will they still fit or are the totally different fenders?
All the mounting points are the same, they just differ in the header panel area; you're going to have to run the 96- header panel. Other than that, it'll work fine...can I have your 2000 fenders :D?

Chris @ GATR said:
How bad to they differ at the header panel?
Quite badly, if you tried to reuse your 97+ header panel with the old fenders you would have to fabricate brackets to bolt on the newer header panel. The old fenders don't have any of the provisions for the 97+ header panel at all.

How bad to they differ at the header panel?
a couple of people over at comanche club have done just the header panel, and it really doesn't look very good. Just to give you an idea:
2988984380045357542S600x600Q85.jpg

It's not really as bad as that photo makes it look. I am running 97+ header panel with 93 fenders and as long as you adjust the fenders to line up its not that bad. It's not perfect but sounds like you aren't entering any shows with it.

Back