• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Did the booster swap, now I have a small problem.

Motornoggin

NAXJA Forum User
I swapped a dual diaphragm booster and master into my 89 XJ.
I ground the end of the rod so I could use the old switch, but I can't find all my wiring. I have the blue and pink that go on the straight terminals and I know there was a connector that went on the angled terminals on the other side of the switch, but I can't find it now. I am out in my driveway, in the dark and pouring rain, and I have a bunch of stuff pulled out from under that dash, and I cannot locate this thing.:flamemad:
Does someone have a pic of what this thing looks like? Or can you tell me what color the wires are? Thanks!

What do you mean you cant find your wiring? Did you cut wiring or something?

On my 89, I just unplugged the brown sensor plug, and then plugged it back in after I swapped. This was for a WJ swap though. Does this pic help?
P1010537.jpg

Yeah, that's what I thought I was looking for. My switch has two terminals on each side. I did get it figured out. I connected the pink to the top terminal on one side and the blue to the bottom terminal on the other side. I assume the second set is for cruise. I still cannot find that connector. I did not cut it, it is under there somewhere, but I have lights now, so I will figure it out later. Thanks

Motornoggin said:
I assume the second set is for cruise. I still cannot find that connector.
Yup, it's for the cruise. Just make sure you don't use your cruise in the meantime... it could be bad!

Then no worries.

Yeah, no worries if it doesn't work. I did the BB swap many years ago as one of my first mods. My cruise didn't work either so I didn't hook it back up, but I went ahead and removed the control module... just in case.

The ironic part is later that week, my throttle cable got stuck, wide open, causing basically the same effect! It happened because it got caught up in the brake lines I ran to adapt the new MC during the swap :doh: . Oh the little things you learn when starting out.

Enjoy your added braking power!

Back