• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ shackle bushing part number

A couple of weeks ago I grabbed a set of MJ shackles off of an 88 in the junk yard. The bushings need to be replaced. So far I have checked at NAPA, Vauto zone, and chucker. All three say that they dont carry the bushing for it. I went to the stealership to see if they have any. They told me that they dont have a listing for the bushing, but a new bushing would be in a new shackle, if I wanted to go that route for $140 a pair. Nope.

Im wondering if anyone has a part # (oem or major parts store p/n) for the shackle bushing. Or heck, even some aftermarket companies (like NAXJA sponsors).

TIA
stewie

Checked the factory parts list, the rear shackle is a complete unit, no individual parts are available.

IronRock Off Road has a +1 shackle for XJ Cherokees, that would be stock length for an MJ.

darn. here i was thinking i had a hell of a score at the junkyard. the shackles were only $3 each.

Take the old one out. Go to the parts store & match something up. That's what I did for my Rusty's spring bushings. JIM.

I found some that work. they also work in XJ shackles.

For the benifit of those searching later, the bushings I got are Daystar "Rear Frame Shackle Bushing Kit" for the 84-93 MJ and for 84-01 XJ part number KJ02010BK.

I had to press the old bushing out, then figure out how to get the outter bushing sleeve out. A sawsall blade through where the old bushing was really helped. the way the sleeve is shaped (dimpled in the middle) makes it difficult to press out. That and also the sleeve was too thin of material for me to get anything on it to press with. cutting a slit in it lengthwise helped out a ton.

Stewie,
Where did you get those Daystar bushings? I'm in the same boat as you were with a set of MJ shackles and have been searching for replacement bushings (pulled the old ones out and tossed them).

Thanks a ton!

Jeff

I stopped in to an offroad shop that is on my way home from my apprenticeship center. Its Absolute Offroad in Phoenix AZ. It took some digging to pull up the information, but the guy at the counter-Joe- found it. He placed the order to Daystar while I was there and I was able to stop in and pick them up a couple days later.

Absolutes website is www.absoluteoffroadphx.com. I was not able to find the part online, but if you call Joe at (602) 248-8949 I am sure he can help you out.

Thanks man....I'll give him a shout on Monday.

Jeff

Back