• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Update Rantings of a crazed xj owner

rjstiles

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I gave up on putting in a new evaporator today. I had the part and the dash apart but just could not seem to be able to get the black box holding the evaporator loose. I got frustrated and put it back together because I have to use it this next week.
Somehow I ended up with about 30 extra little black screws...I hope I can find where they go when I try this fiasco again.
I did however put an AirRaid Throttle Body Spacer on today just so I could have at least 1 positive experience. I took it out for a test drive and boy was I surprised. When I romped on the gas it took off, spinning the wheels as it went! This has never happened before on dry concrete. The response seems very quick. I am not sure about horsepower but I will check the mileage this week and report back what I get.
I had been getting 9mpg or about 200 miles per tank. I cleaned the TB with Sea Foam and also put some of the in a few of the vacumn lines. I also sprayed it into my intake and added a can and a half to my gas.
I also changed out my oil pan with a new one and I could not believe how much gunk was in the pan. I alsi flushed the radiator and added Nitrogen to my tires.
After this I am now getting 400 miles per tank driving 65mph.

I replaced the plugs yesterday and added the TBS today so I hope to increase the mpg's even more and maybe get a little better performance.
I can't wait to get my A/C working as it has been over 100 degrees everyday and very humid here in the Houston, Texas area.

:wow:

Update..
My muffler fell off so I was left with little choice. I went to a local shop (American Muffler & Brake in The Woodlands, Texas for those locals) and had them put on a glass pack. $79.99 + tax + $85 ish and it took less than 20 minutes. Sounds good and I sem to have quite a bit more power!

I will be attempting the A/C again in 2 weeks when I have another 4 day weekend. I found a great post here with pictures so I will be attempting again with better intel and the right tools!

I will advise.

Ron:gee:

Back