• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CA Drop brackets

dirttorcher05

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Guys I have been considering control arm drop brackets for a while now but im not sure if I have enough lift to even notice a diff. when I measure my lift from center of hub to fender flare it measures 21 3/4 inches , my control arms are at a pretty steep angle, any personal experiences or info would be awesome thanks.
MTBMike.

It sounds like about 4 1/2" of lift to me. That is 1" more than I have with a 3 1/2" lift. Isn't that the minimum lift you need for db's? A lot of people swear by them, but there those who say "why bother, just go long arm". People seem to have really strong opinions pro/con, but you do have enough lift to use them.

CRASH said:
Newbies, we love you, look here before posting.

NAXJA welcomes you to the best and biggest XJ information site on the web. We're happy to have you on board.

We have been in operation for some time now, and have developed a massive tech database made up of questions from people just like you. People who were not yet wise in the ways of the XJ. These questions were answered by the Yoda's of the NAXJA universe. All was well.

However, the NAXJA community has continued to grow. We now have over 40,000 registered users. All of them have questions about one topic or another, and more than likely that question has been addressed in the past. All of that information is available by searching the NAXJA database. The search feature is easy to find, it's right at the top of the page, under your name. It is an excellent feature, and will garner more information than you can possibly absorb at one time.

Thank you for your attention, and happy searching.

CRASH

Robert

21 3/4" was the measurement on my Xj. After the Db install my CA's sit exactly parallel to the ground. I have wheeled on them many times now and will hit the brackets in the rocks especially when dropping the front off ledges but the RC drop brackets have held up great so far. I would highly recommend the DB's especially if your xj sees any road time.

jim

Back