• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

prescision u-joints?

KentuckyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
anybody used them? gunna be changing out the right front axle u-joint. went into o-reileys (sp?) and he gave me a prescision part # 325

says its an offroad u-joint :dunno: anybody have any insite into this

I used to shatter the small ones pretty good, don't know why. standard ones lived longer, Switched to chevy joints and the precision sealed joints were crap, now I run spicer 297's with good luck

this one looks to be pretty tough, it one without the grease fitting and has some special coating on it

does that part number sound right?

yup same number, they were black right? Mine had a grease fitting in the end caps. I was just talking to another guy that says the grease passage is the weak point and that's likely why I kept shattering them

I'd try it if its sealed and solid,and if you already bought it. if not it's only half an hour out of your life

ill check a few places, if they dont have a spicer ill just throw this one in as this u-joint needs to be changed today

any tips or tricks on changing the joint?

Back