• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1350 Ujoints ideas/issues?

WaXJ_Skier

NAXJA Forum User
Right now I'm looking into a few upgrades, mainly a 241or transfer case and a front dana 44. The 214 comes with 1330 yokesso I would need to do a yoke swap on something either way. I was thinking of maybe upgrading to 1350s while I'm at it. Does anybody see any issues with this besides needing two brand new DSs and new yokes for both axles and two for the xfer case. The Only thing I'm thinking might be an issue is clearance at the front pinion yoke.

a good driveshaft shop will cut off the yokes, and weld on new ones (especially if they made the shafts to begin with)

tomcat said:
a good driveshaft shop will cut off the yokes, and weld on new ones (especially if they made the shafts to begin with)

I'm not to concerned about if it can be done, I know it can the parts are availiable. I'm more concerned about weather or not there will/might be any clearance issues with the front shaft, I know stock yokes get pretty close to the header.

vetteboy said:
A 1350 has less angle capability than a 1330 or 1310. No reason to 'upgrade' to that.

X2 I run 42"s with 117:1 and have yet to have one giv up the ghost because of torque.

BRIANHO13 said:
X2 I run 42"s with 117:1 and have yet to have one giv up the ghost because of torque.

you're using 1310s?

from what I'm getting here its not really a worth while upgrade.

I've got 1310s all around in mine, except for the rear axle, which is a 1310-1350 conversion joint.

I've also got an enormous pile of broken front Dana 60 parts.

vetteboy said:
I've got 1310s all around in mine, except for the rear axle, which is a 1310-1350 conversion joint.

I've also got an enormous pile of broken front Dana 60 parts.

exact same here but no broken 60 parts yet.... and I did manage to spin a 14 bolt housing.

vetteboy said:
185:1 and a 5-speed manual

That's sexy, I want. What size tires you running?

*Edit* never mind read your sig

i run 1310's also. A cv rear and a non cv front shaft. I just swapped in a 241or rubicon case and had to get new yokes, i got a rear flange from tom woods, and a u joint 1310 yoke from high angle driveline.

and i run a dana 44 front and 42's also, and i just break transmission mounts and twist the splines off of the front driveshafts....

Last edited:
Back