• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Advice on Sierra gears.....

Original_MudButt

NAXJA Forum User
what the hell. man i've been looking for 4.56 gears and have finaly bought some for the rear. and those are in my town.... what gives :dunno: might be good to find out if the D30 is LP or HP (reverse vs std rotation)

Last edited:
i saw that, but it still depends what part of 99 it was made in. some 99's are HP, some are LP. only way to tell is to look.

Ok looking into this, in Eric Zappes XJ builders guide, 92-99 XJs all have HP D30s. The LP D30s came out in 2000. But I know its entirely possible they may have been put on some midyear 99s.

According to the pics on Ebay and comparing to numbers on Sierras web site it is for a HP D30. The low pinion is the same as the 97+ TJs....

Original_MudButt said:
Ok looking into this, in Eric Zappes XJ builders guide, 92-99 XJs all have HP D30s. The LP D30s came out in 2000. But I know its entirely possible they may have been put on some midyear 99s.

not just possible, i've seen and heard of it...

According to the pics on Ebay and comparing to numbers on Sierras web site it is for a HP D30. The low pinion is the same as the 97+ TJs....

that's the kind of research that you should be doing. good job, now get yourself a cheap set of 4.56 :yelclap:

I bought my gears as a complete set front and rear with install kits and free shipping from www.reiderracing.com for $410. Best deal I've ever seen and they had great customer service. Called me to ask if my D30 was HP and also if I knew I needed a new front carrier. Shipping was quick.

Back