• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust work

NiceXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I was wanting to know about a good sounding exhaust for the 4.0. I've currently got a high performance magnaflow cat straight with a 3.5 tip. It rumbles and i like it but i didnt know if there is something better. I dont want a high whine or for it to sound like a pissed off bumble bee. Would a header and bigger piping help or what?

flowmaster is the way to go in my opinion

if u just want it to be loud cut the exahst off
but if u want ur jeep to run well and add some ponies then a flowmaster, high flow cat,and headers is a great way to go

cas

NiceXJ said:
I was wanting to know about a good sounding exhaust for the 4.0. I've currently got a high performance magnaflow cat straight with a 3.5 tip. It rumbles and i like it but i didnt know if there is something better. I dont want a high whine or for it to sound like a pissed off bumble bee. Would a header and bigger piping help or what?

A header does help to mellow the sound from a high flow muffler. A Thorley header, custom 2.5" downpipe, 2.5" high flow cat, Magnaflow muffler, and 2.5" tailpipe would meake a great combo behind a 4.0.

I bought the Rusty's exhaust a while ago, 50 series Flowmaster I think? Switched to a Dynomax Super Turbo and liked the sound better. Not a big difference, but less raspy/more mellow, and quieter inside.

dynomax super turbo catbacks are also only like 95 bucks. Cheaper then having a shop make you an exhaust and its all mandrel bent. Sold.

Does anyone have a sound clip of a 4.0 with a dynomax system?

Back